Saturday, March 18, 2017
Boston-area producer iinfynite has been putting in serious work over the past year to bring to us his latest collection of perfectly composed beats on his new project SYZYGY. I had to Google how to pronounce it and if you're curious it's "SIZ-eh-gee".
I had the opportunity to reach out to him and ask him a few questions. Here's what he had to say:
1. What part of MA are you from and are you listening to any MA artists that you admire? I am originally from Belmont, MA but I'm usually hanging out in Somerville or Cambridge. The main artist from MA that I bump is a group known as "The Villeside Goonz". They are nasty AF and also close friends of mine.
2. What made you want to become music artist and who are your influences? Ever since I was little I loved playing with musical instruments. I can not hold a conversation with a musical instrument in my hands—I just get lost in another dimension. For some people, trying to communicate with me can be quite frustrating for them!
3. What's your process when coming up with productions and do you play any instruments? When coming up with beats or songs I really don't have a organized method. I will just pick an instrument up and start messing around with it until I hear something I really enjoy. I will create a song around that idea, but I might end up trashing that first main idea and replace it with something better after. It just depends! (My friends HATE when I do that). I mostly play guitar, drums and keyboard, but I will play or try to play anything you hand me.
4. How did you arrive at the title of your latest project, SYZYGY? Well, I was trying to figure out a nice title and for me naming stuff is one of the hardest parts of finishing a beat. I wanted the album to relate to space in some way because of my space obsession. I also wanted a word you never really hear. I ended up finding the word "SYZYGY" which means "a conjunction or opposition, especially of the moon with the sun." I just thought that sounded dope and the word looks cool spelled so yeah!
5. If anybody wanted to start working with you on a project what would be the best way to get in touch? The best way to get in touch with me would be to shoot me a Facebook message or send me an email and I will get back to you!
Friday, March 3, 2017
No need for any auto-tune here. Curtisy's raw lyrics and hot production skills are enough to make his debut EP, The Calm something to pay attention to. Stay tuned for his next project The Storm which I'm sure will be raining down on us in the near future.
Thursday, February 16, 2017
Friday, December 2, 2016
Thursday, November 10, 2016
Fitchburg's Fisher Kay brings us his latest album Hometown Hero featuring production from King B Tha Great, Slumdawg, MeiserBeats, AG2, L.E.N. Beats, Oscar Fenn, Panama Jak & BLUNTLUNG. You can check out more from this artist on his website.
Friday, October 7, 2016
Burly hits us up with 18 new, raspy tracks with features from Big Kurt, MaddMaxxx, Hu$H and more. The whole album is solid, but I'm a fan of Acting Up, U Aint A Killa, Life Aint Certain and of course How Long Should I Rap.
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Much like Stephen King's murderous canine, Count be killin' it with his track Cujo. Not only is his lyrical skills impressive, but he also brings some clever songwriting. Be sure to check out some of his other projects via his Soundcloud.